Another award nomination?! Aww…you kids are too kind! Seriously…you’re really too kind, you should get that checked or something, it never turns out well. That said, many thanks to ToreishiNoblesse of toreishigames for the nomination and the kind words. If you like my ramblings, you will love Tor’s – a kindred blogging soul to my own (if I had a soul) with far less nihilism. Thank you kindly, my friend!
1) Display Award
2) Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
3) Share seven things about yourself
4) Nominate ten bloggers
Wait, seven things about myself? Shit – this might be more introspection than I’ve done in centuries. Well, you’ve been warned – you may never be able to unsee/unhear the horrific atrocities that are about to be unleashed…
1) I’m chronically early to everything. It’s a fucking compulsion – if I’m not running 30 minutes ahead of schedule, I start to lose my shit. It stems from being a kid and my mom being my only mode of transport. She is an amazing woman, single mom, ran a day care in our home and somehow raised three children despite being very poor – but the consequence of always being busy meant that we were inevitably late to everything, and I hated that feeling. By the time I was in high school, I would lie about when I needed to be places on the order of a couple of hours just to make sure I would get there on time. Once I could drive myself places, I swore I’d always be early before I’d be late.
2) I’m terrible at taking my own advice. I majored in psychology as an undergrad, and both before and in the years after, I’ve always had a talent for reading people and helping them deal with issues that they face. That said, I am completely goddamn incapable of taking my own advice, no matter how sound it is when I offer it to others. I’ll even recognize this fact as I am dispensing said advice to someone, and still will manage to not follow it.
3) I love amusement parks. Like, Cedar Point is some form of heaven on earth for me. Roller coasters, haunted houses, fair food – I love every bit of amusement parks and have ever since I was a young evil mageling.
4) I have trust issues. This is probably fairly obvious to anyone that has followed this blog to this point, but they aren’t exactly what you may think, and they are fairly well-founded. As a child, I was subjected to severe, prolonged, and horrific abuse – I will spare the details, but I look back now and realize I should by all rights have become a statistic and I don’t know how I didn’t. Even into adulthood, it seemed that the people that I would come to trust the most and leave myself vulnerable to would use that trust to hurt me. But my issue isn’t that now I can’t trust – it is that even when I do place my trust in someone now, I do so with the sad, inevitable feeling that it will sooner or later be betrayed. It is far from pleasant, and I would like nothing more than for it to be proven wrong one day.
5) I’m an insomniac. I’ve never been particularly good at falling or staying asleep my entire life, but since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, the pain has made sleep even more difficult, and the collapse of my engagement some time back shredded my mental and emotional world for quite a while. Fortunately, after spending some time using various aids to help combat this, I’ve recently begun to return to something approaching a healthy sleep cycle – but I still have a long way to go.
6) I am terrible at admitting defeat. Whether it is in a court case, an MMA fight, a cooking endeavor – you name it, and I have to be good at it. I recognize that it isn’t realistic or even particularly healthy – but see no. 2 above.
7) I love blogging. Seems almost silly, right? But it’s a new thing for me. I had never considered an undertaking like this before, but then I needed a place to open up when I was at my lowest point, and so now here we are, and I have loved every moment of it. I have no particular expectations – while I would love for my thoughts to become a massive success that amuse and inform and incense people all over the world, I am also content that I have found any audience at all that finds value in what I have to say, and how I say it. It is honestly one of the most humbling experiences I’ve ever had.
Now, for ten people far better at this than I am (apologies if you’ve already been tagged before; it just means you’re extra-super-special!):
If you aren’t listed above, it doesn’t mean I hate you – well, I mean, I AM a condensed mass of hatred, but it doesn’t mean that I didn’t list you out of hatred. I actually am rather fond of many, many people and blogs in our little corner of the Interweb – and I humbly thank you all for allowing me to join it. – EWE