Alright, kiddos…it’s time for a chat. I was perusing my reader today, when I realized that during a busy October, somehow I had managed to miss a few additional award nominations. First of all, I apologize for my tardiness, which I shall begin correcting forthwith – I feel, well, as bad as an Evil Wizard can feel. But more importantly, I feel compelled to reiterate – you know I’m evil, right? I’m not going to kick a puppy or harm a kitty – even evil has standards – but still, this much love for a soulless shell like me? I mean, I assume you read the blog – you’ve seen plenty of evidence of this – and yet, you strange, wonderful humans continue to shower me with support. If I didn’t have the rest of my daily interactions as evidence to the contrary, you people might actually force me to reevaluate my abject loathing of humanity. That is an incredible accomplishment – I humbly thank you. Well, “humbly” isn’t really my thing; but still, I thank you.
Speaking of thanks, I would like to extend many to The Shameful Narcissist for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! This award sees the recipient share some facts about themselves and nominate some fellow deserving bloggers – or as Shameful puts it, “creates a potentially never ending cycle of sharing and positivity.” And you nominated me. Well, I can promise to continue the “never ending cycle” and “sharing” parts of the process – but no promises on the “positivity” friends!
1. Animals like me. I can’t really explain this. They just do. Puppies, kitties, goats…they just seem to have an affinity for me. Except snakes. Fucking snakes.
2. I spent three years as a music education major in college. I learned to play every brass, woodwind, string, and percussion instrument, as well as sing. Then it turned out I sucked at teaching.
3. I am extremely loyal. Sometimes to a fault. I don’t trust easily, but once I have given someone my trust, I will support them in any way I possibly can. Which can lead to…
4. Per my closest and best friend, I put others before myself far too much, and do not put myself first nearly enough. According to her, it is “perhaps my only flaw.” (Editor’s Note: EWE’s best friend is the closest thing to a living saint that exists, and thinks far, FAR better of him than is probably warranted by logic and common sense.)
5. I would love to one day own a bar. I would call it “Heaven’s Devils” and I would continue to practice law, then go there afterward to drink and ponder with my regulars just what the hell is wrong with me.
6. I am, for the most part, fairly unreadable – I don’t tend to wear my emotions out in the open. However, if I trust you enough to be open with you, then I am extremely open and blunt with my feelings and opinions.
7. I use humor to mask insecurity. Actually – I use humor to mask everything. It’s incredibly effective.
There, see – that wasn’t so bad! I mean, granted, that’s probably seven more things than you ever cared to know about me, but hey, I tried to resist disclosing anything mind-shatteringly awful. So now, on to my nominations!
Special Needs Siblings (as a father of two boys, the younger of whom has Aspergers, these warm even my heart)
Mari Lyn Holistic (a lovely blog by a truly lovely soul)
I Played the Game! (fantastic thoughts on a variety of games)
Jeyna Grace (amazing indie author)
The Magic of Books (reading is my oldest and dearest hobby and passion)
Now for the rules:
- Write an article accepting the award.
- Thank the person you nominated you and put a link to their blog.
- Tell the reader seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate other blogs for the award.
- Let them know that you nominated them.
- Post the rules to let your followers know how it works.
Again, many thanks for all of the support! – EWE