Well, humans…you had a good run. I mean, not really – but hey, I’m trying to let you go out with some dignity here, which is a far cry from the way you wiped out so many other species over the years, including SOME OF YOUR OWN PEOPLE. But sadly, all awful experiments have to come to an end sometime, and for you that time is now. Some of you are definitely not that bad, and I will genuinely miss a few, but it’s the other several billion that ruin it for you. So, I’m afraid it’s meteors, tidal waves, and my newest experiment, fire tornadoes across the globe. Sorry, nothing you can do now to stop it. Nothing can change my mind. I’ve had enough. Nothing could…possibly…
…………….GODDAMMIT, Alanah! Now what am I supposed to do, huh?! I can’t destroy that! LOOK AT THAT! IT’S FUCKING ADORABLE! Now thanks to you and Chelsea (I love you Chelsea, you’re adorable, don’t ever ever change) 5.99 billion mouthbreathers are going to get to continue fucking up the earth, and more importantly, MY LIFE! Fine then – but when I finally make good on taking a trip to SF, you owe me a drink! You know…after the, like, 20 I probably owe you for all the good shit you’ve done.
Anyway…I guess since I’m NOT going to vaporize you all now, it’s time for #FrozenFoodFridays. Once again, I’m cheating a bit this week, as the item in question may be frozen, or may not. And if it is, you’re gonna want to thaw it before you get started. But fuck it – it counts. So here are EWE’s secret/created in a drunken stupor and can’t remember anything exact recipe Cilantro Lime Swordfish Steaks!
- Swordfish Steaks, frozen or fresh (if frozen, be sure to thaw first; if not, um, don’t).
- Limes, several (in case you missed it last time, I’m not big on numbers – just get a bunch).
- Cilantro, 1 bunch washed and chopped (if on the fence about how much to use, err on the side of MORE CILANTRO).
- Olive Oil (a small amount to grease the baking dish).
- Lemon (use sparingly, as it combines well but can overpower the lime, which defeats the whole purpose)
- Garlic, 1 clove, minced (I love garlic in almost anything – but sometimes just the simple cilantro and lime combo is very refreshing. Try both and see what you prefer!)
- Black Pepper / Crushed Red Pepper (see comment for garlic above).
- Liquor (not actually an ingredient, but tends to help me think I’m not fucking up too badly).
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Grease a baking dish using a small amount of olive oil. Place the fish steaks in the baking dish. Cut several of the limes in half and squeeze them over the fish until the steaks are covered and surrounded by lime juice. Cut a remaining lime into slices and place these on and around the fish steaks in the baking dish. Now cover everything with the chopped cilantro. If you have used any optional ingredients, add those at this time as well. In a small bowl, squeeze a few more limes to be used to baste during baking.
Place the baking dish on the middle oven rack, uncovered, and bake for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally, until the fish is easy to flake with a fork. Serve garnished with a fresh lime or lemon slice, if desired.
So I hope you enjoyed #FrozenFoodFridays once again, as well as the world not ending. You can thank Alanah and Chelsea. I did get a small measure of revenge though – while she was playtesting a VR game, I projected an image of my face into her headset.
Ah…good times! – EWE